Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Forrrreeeeever!

Well, seems like it has been forever since I posted last, and it has! Much has happened in the last 2 weeks, much good, and much bad.

Good 1st, had a wonderful Daffodil Classic. Couldn't have asked for a better early season ride. Clear, nary a cloud in sight, 45 degrees (cool) to start, rode 1st 50 mi with long gloves, arm, leg, and toe warmers and Tyvek jacket. Last 50 I did in shorts, short sleeve jersey and short gloves. Actually got slight sunburn. My bike is all but ready to go, new wheels, tires, drive line, all bearings checked and repacked, new cables and seat post. Handle bars retaped (in red) and new red h20 bottle holders. Bullet is quite the beauty, and rearing to go. Rides like a new bike!! I have 850 miles this year so far. My computer comes back from the shop tomorrow so I can start posting some pictures!

Now for the bad, was playing outdoor soccer last weekend on my kid's team, Jessi needed a goalkeeper, and within 5 minutes of the start of the game some 25 year old pro wanna-be player mowed me over and ripped my Medial Collateral Ligament in my R knee. Dumb shit gave me a 3rd degree tear, (there is only 4 degrees of tears), couldn't walk on it without it buckling and me falling to ground like some paralyzed flounder. Have to wear a long leg knee immoblizer with no weight bearing for 1 week, 1 week of increasing weight bearing and then I can start rehabing the knee. Good thing is it doesn't hurt, but I am a piss poor patient and am anxious to push the envelope on getting back on my bike. Norma and Jessi are keeping a very close eye on me to
keep me in line. The healing process should be 4-6 weeks and with the ride 8 weeks away I will be ready to go! Missed the Lilac Century ride last Sunday and have opted out of the Inland Empire Century May 13th in Richland, WA. Hope to be able to ride part or all of the Reach the Beach Ride out of Portland May 20th. Gonna put a real crimp in the # of miles I get in before the Big Ride, oh well life is always interesting!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Scout Seventeen said...

Holy ouch on the knee, Sully! I have my fingers crossed for your speedy recovery, and we expect to see you on the bike for Reach The Beach. Be a GOOD patient until then...

4:59 AM  
Blogger J. said...

Good lord! I hope you gave as good as you got from the abusive, young whippersnapper.

Cripes. Heal soon, yo, and well.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home