Saturday, August 12, 2006

Clarksburg, MD.

Up @0600, but everyone out of camp just after 0730, seems as if we don't want the ride to end, I know I am not looking forward to returning to the "REAL WORLD". It has been wonderful to live such a carefree and simple existence for the summer, I haven't worn a watch since day 1. Time and date just didn't matter, only pushing the pedals and enjoying the amazing country and people I experienced!! Sorry to get so melancholy but that's how I am feeling. Rode past more of the battlefield and into the lush green hills (barely bumps after this ride!) of Maryland. Saw some pretty impressive farms and estates. Cooler and drier today, hardly any humidity (remember it is a comparison to being in the sauna we have ridden in for the last weeks!). Rode on quiet back roads and I was just riding along enjoying the day, when I looked down I was @ 25 mph, amazing what 47 days riding does to your fitness!! I'm sure this is the most fit I have been in my adult life, and I feel great. Am @ between 190-195 lbs, have lost 9 lbs on the trip for a grand total of 45 lbs since the first of the year. Rode the last 10 miles to camp with Justin and Dave W., I kept riding down the road past the campground entrance, and into the edge of Clarksburg, had a great sandwich and then bought a 12 pack of beer, which I carried on my aerobars back to camp. We set up camp and for supper were shuttled into Clarksburg to an Applebee's for our last supper together. Ate and drank well, socialized, and presented all the staff with a nice framed group photos that we took in Tyler, MN. When we arrived back @ camp it was almost dark, someone had got a bundle of wood and we had a big fire. Everyone hung out and talked. Slowly they melted away into their tents and I realized I was the last person up, I sat there till the fire burned completely out and only then did I crawl into my tent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home