Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Getting better!

Oh, what a difference a week makes! Am feeling much better, still wearing the large knee immobilizer, but have been bearing weight and using 20-30 degrees of range of motion. Have had very little discomfort. Hope to start rehab next week, and be out on the road soon!!!

Had a great time last weekend, it was Bloomsday over in Spokane. Bloomsday is a 7.3 mile foot race that goes thru and around Spokane, 43,000 + runners, walkers, wheelchairs, and strollers participate. We (my family and friends) help staff the finish line Medical Aid tent. The weather was great for the runners, cool and wet, but pretty boring for the Medical staff, hardly had to treat any participants. I enjoy volunteering for these big events, it is sad that I will miss the Coeur D' Alene Ironman Triathalon this summer. It will be the first time since the very first one that I will miss, I will be over in Seattle preparing for the Big Ride, we leave the next morning for the ride.

Speaking of the Big Ride, things are rolling along towards the start, I have started preparations for the ride, have procured my camping gear, my clothing, Bullet is ready, and the lists for final packing is almost complete. Fundraising is above $4,500 and now I just need to contact all the people who have promised to get me more funds and get it to the ALAW, I should have just the right amount to match my pledge. If you would like to help me with the last $1,000 please feel free to contact me.

Have been working almost non-stop the last week so I haven't had a chance to post the pics I have.....stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home