Tuesday, June 20, 2006

ONE WEEK!!!!!!

Final countdown, all is well on the launch pad! Donations have been received and sent in to the ALAW, I made it with a little room to spare. Thanks again all who helped out! Bullet is ready to go, courtesy of my friends from Wheelsport East in Spokane Valley. I do have a little shopping for a few things on the list, but can do that in a couple of hours. Then it is just trying to get everything into the 2 bags I can take, which means leaving some of the stuff I think I need @ home. I do have a certain advantage due to the fact that day 4 of the ride ends in Spokane and I can gain or loose stuff @ home.

Work has been nuts, have worked total of 154 hrs in last 14 days between the 2 places. Just the usual whacky ER stuff. Teenage girl @ a kegger in Couer D' Alene, cops bust it, everyone scatters like quail. Girl is running, goes to duck under some concrete stairs, misjudged how low the stairs were. It took over 3 hours and 50 staples and to close the laceration across her scalp. Alcohol is a wonderful thing!!!

Have been commuting back and forth so I have gotten to ride 120-150 miles per week, the knee is feeling fine, as a matter of fact I forget it was ever injured at all when I am riding. Still bugs me a little (it's stiff) when I walk, it didn't ever really give me any pain. Sunday morning after 12 hour shift, I was feeling pretty tired but decided to do some "hill work". I rode the Ironman course along the river into Liberty Lake and then home. Did 35 miles with 3 really good climbs, felt really good, but was a little sore the next day.

Down to 203 lbs, least amt I have weighed in almost 25 years. I can tell that I am lighter, even with being off the bike for 3 weeks and losing the fitness, I can ride more comfortably now.
Am more positive about the ride now that I am feeling better.

Will try to post a couple of more times before the Ride. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home